[omniORB] compiling omniORB3 on NT

Chung, David David.Chung@USPTO.GOV
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:09:58 -0400

	Yet another question about compiling on NT and running omniNames.

	In order to compile the omniORB3 on NT, I went into CORBA.h and
defined _core_attr and _dyn_attr to be nothing, so that the compiling will
be able to occur.  As the result, I have two (actually 4) files
omniDynamic300_rtd.lib and omniORB300_rtd.lib.

	Later, I linked these with omniNames; and of course, predictably the
program crashes -- it won't even bring up the IDL debugger.

	Does anyone know if this could be caused by undefining _core_attr
and _dyn_attr to be nothing in CORBA.h?  I thought that dllimport did not
need to be stated to import functions from DLL ...