[omniORB] Re: Seg. Faults on Irix 6.5

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
20 May 1999 17:02:02 +0100

>> Note the -lpthread comes after any mentions of -lomnithread .  I think
>> this is what makes the difference - it may or may not be to do with the
>> order of initialisation of statics in the different libraries. Should I
>> add this to all the mips_irix_6.X_n32.mk ? (if I can work out the
>> correct gnumake runes that is ;) I could also add some of this to the
>> FAQ / IRIX release notes if anyone thinks it worthwhile.  Someone tell
>> me if I've got anything particularly wrong.
>>

> Is someone going to make corrected makefiles and post them somewhere?

To James and others using Irix,

   It would be very helpful if someone can get to the bottom of this
   problem of link order.
   I can certainly incorporate the changes recommended into the
   distribution but I want to know this will definitely solve the cause of
   the problem rather than just cover up the symptom.

Thanks.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com