[omniORB] omniORB, Objective-C binding, and interceptors?

Justin Morgan justin.morgan-next@attws.com
Fri, 18 Jun 99 17:21:31 -0700

Hi,

<<I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if this question has been
answered before (I didn't see anything about this in the FAQ)>>

Does omniORB support Objective-C bindings[1]?  If not, how hard would it be
to add Objective-C support to omniORB?

Also, we also rely on Interceptors for some of our systems' functionality.
Is there an ETA for when interceptors will be available in omniORB?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Best Regards,

---
  Justin Morgan
  AT&T WIRELESS SERVICES, Redmond Town Center #4
  7277 164th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052
  (425) 580-7167
---

[1] Our little corner of AT&T uses Objective-C heavily for the back-end
implementation of our CORBA system -- we currently use OAK from Paragon
(http://www.paragon-software.com/) as our ORB.  Paragon does support
Objective-C.  There is no official OMG binding for Objective-C, but the
Paragon ObjC binding is fairly similar to the C++ and/or Smalltalk binding.