[omniORB] MIME-version: 1.0

Wed, 09 Jun 1999 15:06:45 +0100

On Wednesday 9 June, magnus.bengtsson@ascomtateco.se wrote:

> Is there any examples that run as server on Linux and client on Win NT=20=
> and vice versa ??
> If there is, how do I set it up to run properly ???

You don't need to do anything special to communicate between different
platforms. Just start the server on one machine and the client on the
other, and it will transparently work. That's the whole point of
CORBA.

> Should omniNames be running on both platforms ??
> How do I set up the network connection ?

No, you only need to run omniNames on one of the machines. You then
put details of that instance in the configuration files for all
machines. You do not need to explicitly set up a network connection --
that sort of thing is all handled for you.

HTH,