[omniORB] HTTP Tunneling

Eric Dumas edumas@tumbleweed.com
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:26:06 -0700

According to Sai-Lai Lo:
> I have not tried  the HTTP layer myself because Eric has not provided the
> "Web Server" side. However, he said that it should be quite straightforward
> for anyone who has done an apache module.

	Hello.

	The only thing which is missing in the code sent to Sai-Lai is
the Web server side. Unfortunatly, I do not have enough time to write
the Apache module (or at least, my job does not allow me to spend the
requiered time to write it) to perform the Web side. We used a
Netscape serveur (because it multithreaded... and Apache is not).

	Anyway, if anyone wish to write the module, I can give him a
very quick description of what to do... It's just a matter of
exctracting a POST HTTP packet, to send data (GIOP) to the good
IP/Port component, to read the answer and to return back it to the
client (answer of the Post packet). 3/4 days max. for someone who
knows how to write an Apache module.

		Regards,
--
                Éric Dumas (dumas@tumbleweed.com, dumas@Linux.EU.Org)
   Tumbleweed Software Corp., 700 Saginaw Drive, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA