[omniORB] MS Visual C++ 6.0

Janet Truitt jtruitt@cs.ua.edu
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:54:54 -0500

Hello,
I have recently downloaded the latest omniORB for the Win32 platforms.  I am
currently working in NT and need to build the applications.  Everything
seems to be working fine except I am getting 25 linking errors.  From
working with other ORBs, this usually means there are problems with the
building environment.

Below is a list of settings that I have taken care of, please let me know if
I'm leaving anything out:

Tools -> Options -> Show Directories -> Include files
	type path to include files

Tools -> Options -> Show Directories -> Library files
	type path to library files

Project -> Settings -> c/c++ -> Category -> c++ lang
	tick Enable exception handling to on

Project -> Settings -> c/c++ -> Category -> Code Generation -> use run-time
lib
	Multithreaded DLL

Project -> Settings -> c/c++ -> Category -> preprocessor
	add macros:
	__WIN32__, __x86__, with NT __NT__, OSVERSION__=4

Project -> Settings -> Link -> Input -> Object/Lib modules
	add libraries:
	wsock32.lib advapi32.lib omniORB271_rt.lib, omnithread2_rt.lib

These are the instructions that I found at
www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORB_2.7.1/README_win32.html.

I believe these instructions are for MSVC++ 4.2.  If anyone knows of any
extra things I need to do for MSVC++ 6.0, I would greatly appreciate the
information.

Thanks in advance,
Janet Truitt