[omniORB] Strange performance problems

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
02 Jul 1999 11:45:56 +0100

Ole,

It seems to me the strange results you are getting is a charateristics of
the linux tcp loopback implementation and nothing to do with omniORB. If
you are not convinced, I suggest you write a simple socket program to
verify this.

I can reproduce your result on linux intra machine but not inter machines.
On solaris, I do not see any drastic slow down.

By the way, it is easier to run tests by using sequence of char in your
IDL. Using array you run the risk of overrunning the stack of a thread.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com