[omniORB] Lost one-way calls

Neykov, Plamen Plamen.Neykov@dresdner-bank.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:49:40 +0200

Hi folks,

we have a problem with one-way calls with omniORB 2.7.1 running under Linux
2.2.5-ac6 glibc2 and egcs 1.1.2
We are developing a distributed calculation engine and the problem occurs
during the assignment of calculation tasks.
A coordination server, which knows the whole task is assigning pieces of
work to the calculation servers which are ready with their prior task. The
assignment is realized through a one-way call. Some of the calc-servers
after completing the task don't receive the call from the coordination
server, but the coordinator doesn't get any exception after the one-way call
(we would expect COMM_FAILURE to be thrown). As far as we can see, some of
the one-way calls are simply lost ...

Any ideas ?

Plamen Neykov, Jan Zurek, Matthias Fengler