[omniORB] Exceptions

Gaviraghi Matteo gaviragh@sia8.elet.polimi.it
Tue, 05 May 1998 16:34:54 +0200

Hello, I'm using omniORB2 2.5 under Solaris 2.5 with SPARCompiler 4.1 (I
work at the university and I can't buy the release 4.2 of the
PARCompiler). I have a server which export a method. This method return
a value, a sequence of struct, named VAR_seq. This is the code:

Main::VAR_seq* Var_i :: queryAL_GPDB (Main::func_type func, const char
*query) {

  short n;
  VAR_seq *VarAC = new VAR_seq(31);
  VarAC->length(31);
  for(n=0; n<31; n++) {
     // assignements to the sequence
  }
  return (VarAC);
}

The client execute an infinite cycle and it execute the method
queryAL_GPDB every time. This is the code:

VAR_seq_var Variables;
while(1) {
  try {
    Variables = Gpdb_Var->queryAL_GPDB(Main::PRECON, "Variables
Request");
  } catch (CORBA::SystemException &sysEx) {
    cerr << "Unexpected system exception" << endl;
    cerr << &sysEx;
  } catch (...) {
    cerr << "Unexpected user exception" << endl;
  }
  for(n=0; n<31; n++) {
     // print the sequence
  }
}

The cycle work for three times or four times, then there is an
exception:

Unexpected system exception
0x66ec0

Where is my mistake? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

 Gaviraghi Matteo
 e-mail address: gaviragh@sia8.elet.polimi.it

 Politecnico di Milano, Dipartimento di Elettronica
 Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 32
 20133 Milano
 Italy