Linux2.0.* + glibc + omniORB2 troubles.

Duncan Grisby dpg1001@cam.ac.uk
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:17:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Oleg Machulski wrote:

> there are problems with omniORB2 on glibc-Linux.
> I just upgraded Linux from redhat 4.1 to 5.0 and then
> omniORB2 applications began to catch SIGSEGV signal somewhere
> in the ORBinit or BOAinit module. Before upgrade (with libc5.*)
> and on Solaris-Sparc everything was OK.

> Where te problem is:
>  - glibc ?
>  - omniORB ?
>  - something wrong with configuration of my OS?

The problem is actually in libstdc++.so.2.7.2 -- it fails to initialise
mutexes which it later tries to use. The solution is to use the egcs
compiler, as this comes with libstdc++.so.2.8.0. The optimiser works too.

See http://www.orl.co.uk/omniORB/omniORB_240/README.egcs for details of
how to use it.

 -- Duncan Grisby                                         --
  -- dpg1001@cam.ac.uk                                     --
   -- finger dpg1001@badges.cl.cam.ac.uk for PGP public key --