Problems with Exception ID's

Jan Lessner jan@c-lab.de
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:27:50 +0100

Hello omniORB'ers
I just discovered a nasty problem when trying to use omniORB in
connection with VisiBroker for Java: If I access the omniORB Naming
service from VisiBroker and the server throws an exception, I don't get
the right one thrown in the client. I tracked down the problem as far as
I can and I found out that the exception ID check failed. The ID of the
server's exception has some trailing non-printable characters attached
to the actual name, causing the string comparison with the expected ID
to fail.
Did anyone discover this problem before? What is it caused by,
VisiBroker's client code or omniORB's server code. And of course the
most important thing: Is there a work around (maybe I should upgrade
from omiORB 2.2).

Regards,

	Jan Lessner, C-LAB