CORBA, firewall and HTTP tunnelling (RESEND2)

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 17:58:32 GMT

Hi Ramana,

I hope the mail problem you experienced was a transient. Sorry we have not
kept ourselves up-to-date with the development CORBA and firewall so cannot
offer much information. Have you looked at products like Iona's Wonderwall?
We do not use it ourselves but have received this report:

>Interoperability test Orbix-Wonderwall-omniORB2
>author: Maarten Wegdam (KPN Research)
>date: 16-07-1997
>
>*       both client and server run on a Solaris machine
>*       Orbix 2.1c
>*       Wonderwall 1.1beta
>*       omniORB 2.2.0
>*       using a simple grid program (based on IONA's grid-example)
>*       both servers run persistent
>*       in the WonderWall (WW) configuration IORs (and not bind or RXR)are
>        used
>*       the iortool that comes with WW is used to proxify the IOR of the
>        servers
>
> Result: all combinations of clients and servers work !!!

Sai-Lai