[omniORB] COMM_FAILURE after the second call to a _var object

Giovanni Organtini Giovanni.Organtini@roma1.infn.it
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:18:32 +0000

Hi,
I already posted a message about this problem, but even if I received
few inputs I still cannot solve the problem.

I have a CORBA object (called LCM) defined  through an idl and
implemented as LCM_i inheriting _sk_LCM, generated by omniidl2. Then a
server written as the one reported in eg3_impl.cc in the manual register
it in the COS naming space. After the
registration I print a message and all is ok. Then I have a client who
gets the object reference obj from the naming services using the same
function reported in the eg3_clt.cc example.

At this point I narrow a _var object using:

LCM_var mLCM;
mLCM = LCM::_narrow(obj);

Just after I call a method of LCM that prints its name:

cout << mLCM->name() << endl;

and it works. But if I print it two times it works only the first time
the method is called, then the program stops because of a COMM failure.

I tried to run the echo example and it works fine, even if I call its
method more than one times. I really cannot understand what's going on.

Please can anyone has good ideas?

Thank you again.

                                                             Giovanni