[omniORB] System Exception while trying to reuse objects

Giovanni Organtini Giovanni.Organtini@roma1.infn.it
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:22:19 +0000

Hi all,
I have successfully recompiled my applications previously written for
Orbix. I rewrote the server and the client as explained in example
eg3_impl.cc and eg3_clt.cc of the online omniORB programmers guide.

Then first I start omniNames, properly configured.

After that I start the server that gives to me a message saying it has
successfully bound the object to the naming context I gave it.

When I start the client I get the message from it that it has
successfully bound to the server and after that I execute a very simple
method (GetObjName()) of the object I have bound to, that simply returns
a string I can type on the screen.
Until now, all is ok. From now on any call to a method of my object
raises an exception. I tried to call other methods (just after
GetObjName()) or the same method. In any case I get an exception the
second time I call a method of the CORBA object obtained by its name
context.

Does anybody knows what's wrong with this?

Thank you

Giovanni