questions about nameservices

Hua Ji huaji@extreme.indiana.edu
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:40:56 -0500 (EST)

Hi, folks,

I got 2 questions. Thanks for your attention.

1.

"omniORB Nmmeservice is centralized ?!"

1.1 Is there only one Nameservice daemon in a "omniORB" domain? Is it proper in

terms of performance if the numbers of clients asking Nameservice are too huge:)

1.2 Of course, we can fork some other Nameservice daemons in a distributed

environment(eg., intra-net), but it means different users  will "see" some

different name contexts in its local configuration file(for example, it is

/etc/omniORB.cfg under UNIX). Each of Nameservices daemon will be only

responsible for its own name context(service database). So a question arises:

Can these Nameservice daemon co-operate based on a protocol(eg. x.500)?

For example, client1 issue a service(Service_x) query to Nameservice daemon 1.

However, Serverce_x is registed in another Name contest mainytained by

Namerservice daemon 2. So client can't get IOR of Service_X if Nameservice

daemon 1 and Nameservice daemon 2 can't co-operate with each other.

2. How can omniORB interoperate with other half bridge if omniORB Nameservice
can't implicitely cooperate with other name context maintained by other Name
service daemon?

Regards,

Hua