omniorb2 on NT

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@orl.co.uk
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:58:10 +0100

> Hi,
> I'm running my client as an NT v3.51 service and when it tries to
> resolve the names, I get an exception "NO_RESOURCES".

Running the client as an NT service... this is tricky...

It looks like one or more of the following is not working:

1. The client program is not able to read the registry.
2. The client program is not able to read the configuration file.
3. The client program is not able to access the network.
4. .... something else that I don't have a clue.

Are you using srvany? According to the documentation, one of the
restriction enforced by NT on services is that the application can either
be interactive (have a Console) or have network access but ***not both at
the same time***. This may be the cause of your problem.

Could someone with a better understanding of NT services provide a better
explanation?

Regards,

Sai-Lai Lo

--
E-mail:         S.Lo@orl.co.uk          |       Olivetti & Oracle Research Lab
                                        |       24a Trumpington Street
Tel:            +44 223 343000          |       Cambridge CB2 1QA
Fax:            +44 223 313542          |       ENGLAND