[omniORB] throw specification warnings

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Apr 9 16:48:30 BST 2018

On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 16:00 +0200, Michael Teske via omniORB-list
wrote:

> ../../../../include/omniORB4/internal/orbOptions.h:183:45: warning:
> dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11 [-
> Wdeprecated]
>    void getTraceLevel(int argc, char** argv) throw
> (Unknown,BadParam);
>
> Unfortunately not only when building omniORB, but in my code as well.
> Are there any plans to remove these? Or will a patch be accepted?

They are only used in orbOptions.h, which you shouldn't normally be
#including into your application code.

They don't serve any useful purpose, and they will be removed in a
future release, but they can't be removed in omniORB 4.2.x, because
that may break binary compatibility on some compilers.