[omniORB] Upgrading from omniORB 4.0.7 to 4.1.6

Grant Schoep matobinder at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 17:44:12 GMT 2013

So I am trying to update an application I support, which is currently using
omniORB 4.0.7. I am trying to get omniORB  4.1.6.

Everything builds fine. But when I actually connect to the remote
application that is CORBA, the apps crash and so on.
Its been many a years since I have looked at CORBA, and this code.

First first question, should omniORB 4.1.6 be backwards compatable with
4.0.7, or are the some changes I should be looking at making?

I can go into detail more on what the crash are, but my first question is.

 Are there some obvious things I would need to change in the code when
going from 4.0.7 to 4.1.6, like "Oh starting with 4.1.x you need to make
sure you init this first!"