[omniORB] cannot convert from 'list_var *__w64 ' to 'list *

Dalecki, Janusz jdalecki at tycoint.com
Mon Mar 4 23:06:18 GMT 2013

Hi,
I am using omniORB 4.1.2 in C++ code that I develop using Visual Studio 2005. I am developing a C++ service with CORBA interface on 64 bit Windows 7 version. I would like the app to be 32 bit version though. My pre-processor variables are:
WIN32
_DEBUG
__NT__
__WIN32__
__x86__
_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400
__OSVERSION__=4

I have right now very simple idl (attached).
When I wrote my first method to return the list of string:
lcc::ProtocolDataList* TugunSituationListener::getSupportedProtocols()
{

      lcc::ProtocolDataList_var list = new lcc::ProtocolDataList();
      list->length(1);
      list[0].eventType = lcc::ProtocolTypeEnum::RS232C;
      list[0].displayname = "RS232C";
      return &list;
}
I am getting this error:
Error      2              error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'lcc::ProtocolDataList_var *__w64 ' to 'lcc::ProtocolDataList *'
I don't understand this, why omniORB is trying to use 64 bit version for pointer?
Any help appreciated.
Regards,
Janusz

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.