[omniORB] generating persistent ior using GENIOR

MICHEL Franck (SAGEM DEFENSE SECURITE) franck.michel at sagem.com
Fri Feb 22 17:57:21 GMT 2013

Hello,

We are trying to use "genior" to generate a persistent IOR :

    genior "IDL:test:1.0" "192.168.0.1" "27300" ".MY_POA.MY_OBJECT_NAME"

The object_key used here is the one dumped from the server when :
- The server prints its IOR
- We decode it using "catior -o"
- We use the object key displayed here as a text
- We regenerate the IOR using "genior" and the text object key
=> no luck, it doesn't work

However, this generated ior doesn't work and the client cannot reach the server.

When we generate the persistent IOR using this alternative method, it WORKS :
- The server prints its IOR
- We decode it using "catior -x" (print object key as a hexadecimal value)
- We use the object key displayed here as an hex
- We regenerate the IOR using "genior" and the hex object key "0x..."
=> it WORKS

Any clue ?

We would like to use the text version as it seems less sensible to changes.

Besides, the IOR displayed by the server is different than the one generated with "genior" even with the hex trick.
Why ??

#
" Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou ayant un caractère privé. S'ils ne vous sont pas destinés, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de les divulguer, de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que ce soit le contenu. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en informer l'expéditeur et de supprimer immédiatement de votre système informatique ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents qui y sont attachés."
******
" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."
#