[omniORB] OmniORB 4.1.4 and 4.1.6 compile errors with clang / llvm-gcc on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Christoph Deil deil.christoph at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:52:53 GMT 2012

Dear OmniORB developers,

compiling OmniORB 4.1.4 fails with clang on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), but does work with llvm-gcc.
Compiling OmniORB 4.1.6 fails with both clang and llvm-gcc.

I tried installing via Macports, compiler error messages and further details are here:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32062

Lion is mentioned once in the omniorb-list archives, concerning a crash when running omniNames:
http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2011-August/031024.html
It is not mentioned which compiler was used to build OmniORB.

Let me know if you need full build logs to figure out the problem.

Thanks!
Christoph