[omniORB] Autoconf interactions

James Kulp jek at parera.com
Wed Jan 18 11:41:06 GMT 2012

I am using omniORB 4.1.5, from a library that is itself autoconfd.
When I include "CORBA.h", it ends up including "acconfig.h", which has
all the autoconfig preprocessor symbols defined, including the "PACKAGE_*"
definitions.  Of course this conflicts with these definitions from the
package I am building, which is just including  "CORBA.h".

I'm not sure how this is supposed to work (one autoconf library using
another autoconf library), but I would imagine that there is some
way to keep such things separate, where the caller of a library is not
exposed to these things...

Am I configuring something wrong?

Thanks,
Jim