[omniORB] (no subject)

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Oct 21 12:17:44 BST 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 16:07 +0400, Tatiana Lazareva wrote:

> I have the problem with omniORB-4.1.4 multi-profile IOR processing
> again.

Please update to omniORB 4.1.6. That may well fix the problem, and it
has much better logging that will show what's going on in case it's
still broken.

> I have a need to invoke my application based on omniORB libraries on
> the SO\olaris 10 with unplumbed IPv4 interface. So I I use IPv6 only.
> My application recieve from CORBA server multiple-profile IOR: the
> first address is IPv4 and the second - IPv6. My application works with
> the first address only. Does the CORBA support multiple-profile IOR
> fullly? IPv6 interface fully?

The CORBA spec says this about IOR profiles (section 13.6.3 of CORBA
2.6):

        Any single profile holds enough information to drive a complete
        invocation using any of the protocols it supports; the content
        and structure of those profile entries are wholly specified by
        these protocols.

omniORB therefore always uses the first profile.

That said, the first profile in your IOR does correctly contain both the
IPv4 and IPv6 addresses you need, so it should work fine (as long as
omniORB was built with IPv6 support).

As I say, if you use omniORB 4.1.6, it will tell you what's going on in
more detail.