[omniORB] omniORBpy: __init__.py installed in site-packages

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Sun Jun 5 16:16:00 BST 2011

On 06/05/2011 01:19 PM, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems that __init__.py gets installed in the toplevel
> site-packages.  While generally not very harmful I'm sure it can
> hardly be deemed as correct.  The offending code seems to be in
> python/COS/dir.mk, here a small patch which fixes this:
> I'm not sure why that was there, am I disabling something important by
> this change?

Isn't this required to do a clean install into an alternate location?
Breaking that installation is probably not a step forward.

This is not an issue for things like RPM installations since that file
can be omitted from the package.

Can the makefile be smart enough to look for an existing __init__.py
before installing its own? Or is there another python convention (and
code support) for how to install into a shared area?

                                   - Tom