[omniORB] Unable to create an endpoint of this description

Pearl Rothman prothman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:53:51 BST 2011

Hi,

I am using omniorb4 on a linux platform and am trying to have my orb listen
for connection from hostname c1apicas1 to port 8101.

This is my code.

int32 orb_params_count = 0;

char **orb_params = 0;

const char* options[][2] = { { "endPoint", "giop:tcp:c1apicas1:8101" } };

m_orb = CORBA::ORB_init(orb_params_count, orb_params, "omniORB4", options);
I get the following error message.
omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
giop:tcp:c1apicas1:8101

When I do not provide the endPoint or any options, and the hostname is my
hostname, the connection is established correctly.

What can the problem be?

Thanks,
Pearl Rothman