[omniORB] Backwards compability (v302, v4.x.x)

Niklas Thörne niklas.thorne at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:06:20 BST 2011

Hi,

I have a question regarding backwards compability between omniORB versions that I hope that someone can answer.

We have an old Windows DLL floating around, that was created using omniORB-302, and we now have to interface with
this DLL. The problem is that I cannot get omniORB-302 (or 305 for that matter) to compile under our current HW/OS-setup,
so we might need to migrate our server part (which is running under Solaris 10) to a newer omniORB (prefably 4.1.5),
so my question is:

is omniORB 4.1.5 backwards compatible in such a manner that we (without rebuilding) can interface with our legacy DLL?

Regards
Niklas