[omniORB] interoperability : omniORBpy 3.2 and Visibroker 8.0 - omniORB.MARSHAL_InvalidIndirection error

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Mar 8 08:47:26 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 20:45 +0200, eLAN wrote:

> I encountered an interoperability issue, and I was wandering if anyone
> can help.
> I using omniORBpy 3.2 (windows XP), trying to connect to Visibroker
> 8.0 server.

[...]
> omniORB.CORBA.MARSHAL:
> CORBA.MARSHAL(omniORB.MARSHAL_InvalidIndirection, CORBA.COMPLETED_YES)

Are the client and server definitely using the same IDL definitions?  If
they have a difference, that could cause that kind of error.

If that's not the issue, please come up with a minimal example call that
demonstrates the problem. Then, post your complete IDL, and the output
from omniORB run with -ORBtraceLevel 40