[omniORB] interoperability : omniORBpy 3.2 and Visibroker 8.0 - omniORB.MARSHAL_InvalidIndirection error

eLAN ilan.i18n at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 20:45:46 GMT 2010

Hello,
I encountered an interoperability issue, and I was wandering if anyone can
help.
I using omniORBpy 3.2 (windows XP), trying to connect to Visibroker 8.0
server.

I get a marshal error on response, I tried several initialization options,
but none solved the issue.
this is the output:
-----
['-ORBtraceLevel', '5', '-ORBuseTypeCodeIndirections', '0',
'-ORBstrictIIOP', '0', '-ORBlcdMode', '1']
omniORB: Configuration file "C:\OMNIORB.CFG" either does not exist or is not
a file. No settings rea
d.
omniORB: Version: 4.1.4
omniORB: Distribution date: Sun Jul 19 18:35:23 BST 2009 dgrisby
omniORB: Warning: unable to create an IPv6 socket. Unable to obtain the list
of IPv6 interface addre
sses (10047).
omniORB: Information: the omniDynamic library is not linked.
omniORB: omniORBpy distribution date: Thu Jul 16 16:16:19 BST 2009 dgrisby
<CosNaming._objref_NamingContextExt instance at 0x00EA6558>
==== Start ======
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\workspace\pyCorbaTest\corba.py", line 145, in <module>
    tester.DOgetCustomerByID()
  File "D:\workspace\pyCorbaTest\corba.py", line 104, in DOgetCustomerByID
    RC = servantObject.GetCustomerById(Hconnect,ExternalId)
  File "D:\workspace\pyCorbaTest\CustomerMaintenance_idl.py", line 468, in
GetCustomerById
    return _omnipy.invoke(self, "GetCustomerById",
_0__GlobalIDL.CorbaCustomerMaintenance._d_GetCust
omerById, args)
omniORB.CORBA.MARSHAL: CORBA.MARSHAL(omniORB.MARSHAL_InvalidIndirection,
CORBA.COMPLETED_YES)
----

The response type is a e sequence in the following format:

struct TupleItem {
    string sName;
    any    aValue;
  };
 typedef sequence<TupleItem> Tuple;

any idea on how to solve the problem, or next steps for finding the problem
will be welcomed.

Thanks,
Ilan