[omniORB] omniorb configuration multiple network cards

Wernke Zur Borg (external) wernke.zur.borg at external.vega.de
Fri Jan 15 13:15:14 GMT 2010

The normal endPoint option is sufficient if you expect clients to
connect only on one interface. The ORB will then listen only on this
interface and encode the related endpoint into all IORs. The
endPointPublish option can be used to publish a certain endpoint but to
listen on all interfaces.

This business only gets tricky if you have clients on both interfaces,
which have no connectivity to the "other" interface. I could solve this
with an interceptor, which can tweak outgoing IORs depending on which
client they are dedicated for. But this solution is not portable.

Regards, Wernke