[omniORB] omniorb configuration multiple network cards

Luke Deller ldeller at iress.com.au
Fri Jan 15 19:52:02 GMT 2010

Hi Michiel,

I have seen a problem just like this too. By default omniorb will bind to all interfaces, which is what we want. The problem is the IP address which is placed into object references: by default omniorb will pick the IP address of the first interface it finds, which in my case was the wrong one. Object references sent to the client did not work for the client because it could not access the IP address contained within the object reference.

To resolve the issue, I used the endPointPublish configuration option to control which IP address was placed into object references (see the documentation for how to use this option).

Regards,
Luke.