[omniORB] Re: back-end to serialize AST to file?

Tim Black timblack0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:18:04 BST 2009

In theory this should work, bc the text pickling protocol was designed to be
backward compatible across all Python versions. I ran into a major problem,
however, bc the pickle module does not seem to be included in the omniORB
python library. The pickle module was added to Python very early, even
before Python 1.5. Also, I find it strange that pickle is not there, but
marshal is.. Can anyone confirm/deny/explain this?