[omniORB] Java, Python, CORBA

Martin Trappel 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Wed Feb 11 07:54:08 GMT 2009

Jakub Moskal wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I wrote a server in Java and clients in Java and Python. Clients
> connect and invoke methods without any problem when the object
> reference is retrieved from a string. When I use 'orbd' and
> NameService only the Java client connects, the python clients fails
> with "omniORB.TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed". I init the ORB in python with
> parameters "  ["-ORBInitRef", "NameService=corbaname::localhost:900"]
> ". What is the port on which 'orbd' runs its NameService? I tried some
> other ports but all gave me the same error.

The default port for omniNames is 2809.
I thought that's the default port for the CORBA Naming Service.
However, the orbd docs don't mention it:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/share/orbd.html

> <snip>

Note that it seems to me that your questions ain't have anything to do
with omniORB. They would probably be answered quicker on a Java/CORBA
related forum.

br,
Martin