[omniORB] OmniOrb and CP1252 (Windows Latin 1) vs. ISO-8859-1

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Oct 15 20:55:53 BST 2008

On Wednesday 15 October, "Likun Yuan" wrote:

> COOL... an extra question, what's new features and major fix included
> in the 4.1.3 build?

The release notes are here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=629708&group_id=51138

and the list of bugs fixed is here:

http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/bugs/bugfixes-412.html
http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/bugs/bugfixes-411.html

> I remembered that a couple of weeks ago, when I was planning to
> upgrade to omnoORB 4.1.x, I did some research, somebody from a website
> said that the 4.1.2 version had file handle leak some how. So I have
> downloaded the 4.1.1 version. Did you notice such a bug in 4.1.2
> version? Was it fixed in the new release?  I would like to keep up
> with the latest omniORB build; however I have to consider the
> stabilities of the products first.

Nobody has reported a file handle leak in 4.1.2. A quick web search for
"omniorb 4.1.0 file handle leak" didn't find anything. There certainly
are some important fixes since 4.1.1, so I think you're much better off
with 4.1.3.