[omniORB] OmniOrb and CP1252 (Windows Latin 1) vs. ISO-8859-1

Likun Yuan lyuan at northplains.com
Wed Oct 15 15:30:28 BST 2008

On Tuesday 14 October, "Duncan Grisby" wrote:
>You can't use windows-1252 as the Transmission Code Set, but you _are_
>using it as the Native Code Set. omniORB will translate string data to
>and from UTF-8 for you. That's the whole point of the code set
>negotiation and translation scheme.

You're absolutely right; omniORB did translate the string data to CP1252 for me. :-) Now I can send the Euro "€" between the ORBs, supper...

>I beat you to it :-) omniORB 4.1.3 has all the Windows code sets, plus
>all the ISO-8859 ones that were missing.

COOL... an extra question, what's new features and major fix included in the 4.1.3 build? I remembered that a couple of weeks ago, when I was planning to upgrade to omnoORB 4.1.x, I did some research, somebody from a website said that the 4.1.2 version had file handle leak some how. So I have downloaded the 4.1.1 version. Did you notice such a bug in 4.1.2 version? Was it fixed in the new release?  I would like to keep up with the latest omniORB build; however I have to consider the stabilities of the products first.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Likun Yuan
Server Team Lead
North Plains Systems Corp.
P: 416 345 1900 x 507
lyuan at northplains.com

www.northplains.com
"Bringing FOCUS to Digital Asset Management"
Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained herein is confidential and proprietary to North Plains Systems Corp. ("North Plains") and is intended for review by authorized persons only. Except as may otherwise be agreed to in writing by North Plains, any disclosure, circulation, release or use of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited