[omniORB] omniORB server using endPointPublishAllIFs=1 with Java 1.4 clients

evgeni.rojkov at durr.com evgeni.rojkov at durr.com
Thu Aug 7 12:26:34 BST 2008

Using omniORB server with endPointPublishAllIFs=1 problem for Sun Java 1.4
clients has been reproduced.
Just the first address in the IOR is using by Java 1.4, so server is unavailable
for specific client if the first address in IOR is unavailable.
Using endPoint = ... instead of endPointPublishAllIFs=1 solves my problem.
I have found a discussion about this issue in omniORB mailing list in 2003.
My questions for Java - Experts about now:
- Does Java 5 (Java 6) still has this problem ?
- Does JacOrb 2.3 (2.2?) handles multiple profiles correctly ?
- What's about other free Java ORBs?

King Regards,
Evgeni Rojkov