[omniORB] giopServer pd_state ZOMBIE for RootPOA (when giopServer TIMEDOUT before)

Martin Trappel 0xCDCDCDCD at gmx.at
Mon Aug 11 09:28:19 BST 2008

Duncan Grisby wrote:
> On Wednesday 6 August, Martin Trappel wrote:
>
>> I have now been able to reproduce the problem in a simpler context.
>
> [...]
>> ( If someone wants to reproduce this I can clean out my testsources
>> and also post them. )
>
> Please send me the test. That will make it much easier for me to look
> into it.
>
> Duncan.

Since last week I have been fiddling around to make a test-project as
simple as possible.
I tried to reproduce the failure without doing a callback, but instead
just having a fixed client-server relationship. With this I can also
reproduce the behavior, but not as reliable as with the callback. (Or,
maybe, it's to do with something else as I just reproduced it 2 times
with the attached test-project.)

Anyway, find attached:
* Test Setup with one Client and one Server, where the client calls a
Disconnect method in the server upon which the server does a
shutdown(false) and after the ORB has shutdown the orb is immediately
restarted. The client will the do a Disconnect again after 10sec.
* It's as a VisualStudio 2005 Project, but I have not used any windows
specifics, so it should compile easy enough anywhere else. (I have
attached the settings files I use if you want to cross-check.)
* I have also attached a test session I just did this morning, where I
hit the fatalException 2 times with the sourcecode exactly as attached.
* Also, find the current omniORB registry settings attached

As for this test-project, I circumvent the nameserver by using
omniINSPOA and the -ORBendPoint option. Both the server and the client
really do not do alot, just one call from the client and then server
shutdown. (As for the logging - there is the now_str() function that
prints timestamps as the omniORB logging does.)

I hope this is of use to you.

cheers,
Martin