[omniORB] CORBA_INITIALIZE error

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Oct 31 23:08:34 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 30 October, Default User wrote:

> I have installed Omniorb 4.1.1 on Linux. I then built the examples in
> "echo". Trying to run the first one (eg1) gives the following error:
>
> "Unable to create endpoint this description:giop:tcp::0"

What Linux distribution version and kernel version?  I suspect that your
libraries know about IPv6 but your kernel doesn't, meaning that omniORB
tries to open an IPv6 endpoint but the kernel rejects it. Does setting
an endPoint of giop:tcp:0.0.0.0: work?  If so, you can configure omniORB
using the --disable-ipv6 option to the configure script.