[omniORB] Quite Strange problem.

janarbek canarbekmatay at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 23:45:10 BST 2007

Quite strage thing happened to my program.

  I did worked everything successfully with several interfaces. My Client and Server are sharing *Sk and *.h files into two separate projects in Visual C++.

  So, Today, I made *.Sk and all necessary *.cpp *.h files into a library frameworkd.lib. Anda I included my my lib to Server and Client projects.

  Server Worked fine but Client fails when it starts.

  I am starting my client and Server with following argument

  -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc::janarbek.:2809/NameService 8054

  The code files in following function
  void*
_objref_GlobalRef::_ptrToObjRef(const char* id)
{
  if( id == ::GlobalRef::_PD_repoId )
    return (::GlobalRef_ptr) this;

    if( id == ::CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId )
    return (::CORBA::Object_ptr) this;

 if( omni::strMatch(id, ::GlobalRef::_PD_repoId) )
    return (::GlobalRef_ptr) this;

  if( omni::strMatch(id, ::CORBA::Object::_PD_repoId) )
    return (::CORBA::Object_ptr) this;
  return 0;
}

  I really didn't understand why it fails,.............Anyone has this experience before? Strange thing is if I just include *Sk and *.h files it works fine and it fails with *.lib????

  Regards
  janar