[omniORB] Asymmetrical Comm_failure

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Wed Feb 21 16:29:03 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 February, "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Aida_F=E1tima_Cano?=" wrote:

[...]
> Firstly I did what you said, but then I saw the local reference so I change
> it. I've only start the thread that goes into orb-run() if I have TCP
> connection and if the PC in which omninames are running is reachable. It is
> what I meant when I said "if the test success".

omniORB only looks at what network interfaces you have when you call
ORB_init(). It does not look again when you call orb->run(). In fact,
orb->run() doesn't do anything at all. It just blocks waiting for
shutdown.

If you want to defer looking at network interfaces until you have
detected that networking is working, you have to wait to call ORB_init()
until that time.