[omniORB] Asymmetrical Comm_failure

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje at novonordisk.com
Wed Feb 21 13:02:04 GMT 2007

> Each time I discconect and connect the network while the
> process are running the port used is different, but I think
> this have no importance, right

Every time you startup omniORB it chooses a new (essentially a random) port for its endpoint unless you lock it with -ORBendPoint. Have a look at that option.

I don't know what the behavior of omniORB is when you initialize the orb repeatedly from several threads (does it allow it or is it ignored ?). I wouldn't do that since you risk changing the endpoint each time you initialize the orb and thus invalidate all existing object references - if it initializes the orb, that is.

> Is there some way to me of seeing what's happening since
> proccess A invoques a method of process B until it reachs the
> code implementation in proccess B? I have look the ORB
> traces, but I don't really understand it.

You need to understand the traces - it's your only chance, especially when you are running multithreaded.

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark