[omniORB] Asymmetrical Comm_failure

Aida Fátima Cano aida.cano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 20:46:24 GMT 2007

Sorry, I'll explain it better:

Each process is running in one PC, and each one have a different name in
omninames.

To disconnect TCP connection I use the windows acces to "network
connection", and the "deactivate" option.

So, the process is the following:

I start omninames service and process B (in the same PC normally, but I have
prove running omninames in a third PC too). (In this PC, TCP communications
are available).

Then, discconect the network card of PC A, and start process A. This
process, every 3 seconds test its TCP conection trying to ping the IP where
omninames is running. If the test success (when I reconnect the network
card), creates a thread that goes into orb->run(), and (in another thread)
poll the process B.

If the poll reachs process B, in the GUI of process B a green image is
shown. Else, the image is red.

Process B, when the image turns green, send a message to process A. The
methos are different, so I know neither A nor B are connectet to itself.

The case is, the image in B turns green, but when trying to send the request
message, process B goes into the catch statement

And what is incomprehensible to me is that if I run process A with its
network card active from the beginning, and process B with it disconnect and
some time later I connect it (this process checks TCP connections in the
same way B does, and also create the thread which attends client incoming
request), the image turn to green and the message gets B

Finally, if the two PC have their network cards active, everything works.

And about outputthe output of ifconfig and route, how can I get it?

Thank you so much.