[omniORB] corbaloc and trading service

Jeffrey Coffman jcoffman98 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 13:30:58 GMT 2007

Hello,

  I'm working on an implementation of trading service using omniorb.  I'm at the point where i want to start-up my trading service and use the corbaloc mechanism in the omniorb config file to resolve the initial reference.

  I've never used corbaloc before this before so I'm hoping someone can give me some pointers.

  I assume that if I want to use the corbaloc for my trading service I can set the orb end point when i start my service up to be whatever port I choose to listen to.  I'm a little confused on the object key, is there a way to start my server so that it uses the same object key every time?  I know some other orbs allow you to pass a key parameter to them, how do i go about doing this using omniorb.

  Thanks,

  Jeff Coffman