[omniORB] A multi-thread question

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Dec 21 11:47:48 GMT 2007

On Friday 21 December, "=?gb2312?B?wt4=?=" wrote:

> omniORB server supports to upcall application codes through multi
> threads. If I have only one servant activated in the main thread, and
> I configured thread pool mode on the server side, does every invoked
> thread incarnate one more servant to serve the incoming requests? Or,
> only one servant serves all threads' incoming requests?

If you just activate one servant, then that single servant will be used
for all the incoming requests concurrently. That's true regardless of
whether you use thread pool mode or the default thread per connection
mode.

In CORBA, the system never automatically incarnates servants for you.
If that's what you want, you must explicitly create and configure a
servant manager.