[omniORB] About Byte stream

janarbek canarbekmatay at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 4 19:16:41 BST 2007

Dear all,
  I am new to omniORB and totally CORBA.

  I have a server program that plays Wav file. I have another program that calls server. Actually, I want to implement P2P system.

  My interface looks like.

  interface WavePlayer{

  void playfile();
  }

  When I run two programs in different terminal. And call playfile() function from my client program it plays the WAV  file in server terminal. But, I need the file to be played where it is called, for example in the client terminal.

  So, I need to change my interface like below.

  interface WavePlayer{

  ByteStream playfile();
  }

  But, omniORB Does not support Byte Stream??????????? How can I do it?????????????????

  Janarbek, Researcher.
Software Robot Research Team, ETRI(Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute)
161 Kajong-Dong, Yusong-Gu, TAEJON, 305-350, KOREA
Email : janarbek at etri.re.kr
Phone : 82-42-860-1838
Fax : 82-42-860-6790
  Cell Phone: 82-10-8692-8103