[omniORB] OmniORB papers, design documents

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sat Aug 4 17:27:32 BST 2007

On Monday 9 July, "Tom O'Reilly" wrote:

> We are considering OmniORB for use aboard an autonomous underwater
> vehicle (AUV). Can anyone refer me to publications or other documents
> that provide an overview of:
>
> - OmniORB design and implementation
> - Memory, thread, process footprints
> - Any performance metrics that have been measured
>
> The OmniORB FAQ includes links to two papers, but these links are
> apparently dead.

Those are the only proper papers, I'm afraid, and they're really old
now. I've fixed the broken links. They are here:

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/DTG/publications/public/files/tr.98.4.pdf
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/DTG/publications/public/files/tr.98.5.pdf

I'm not aware of any recent performance measurements, either. All the
work that's out there seems to be quite old now.