[omniORB] GIOP protocol error

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sat Aug 4 18:15:41 BST 2007

On Friday 3 August, Sean Parker wrote:

[...]
> Garbage left at end of input message from <host>:<port>
> from endpoint: giop:<host>:<port>. Detected GIOP 1.2
> protocol error in input message. giopImpl12.cc:819
> Connection is closed.
>
> [end trace output of concern]
>
> One thing I did fix in this new version was changing one of
> my struct contents from numbers-plus-string to all numbers
> (a Date type) which is likely passed in this data. (

Are you certain that all instances of the software involved have been
updated?  The error you see is one of the things that can occur if the
client and server don't have the same idea of the IDL definitions.

> However I don't this error on our test bed (RHEL) (~1/20
> the scale in terms of apps/hosts) nor my laptop (RH9), all
> using same OmniORB version/build.

This is another thing that makes me suspect that something is still
using the old IDL definitions.