[omniORB] GIOP protocol error

Sean Parker supinlick at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 19:13:40 BST 2007

Thanks for the reply -

  I'll try to be pessimistic about my system, however I'm
using a fairly thorough deployment scheme that [hopefully
:-)] ensures that the proper versions of code are installed
and referenced during application/service start-up.

  Next time I get on the system I'll try to prove one way
or the other.

  Thanks and Cheers - (have a beer for me)

    Sean

--- Duncan Grisby <duncan at grisby.org> wrote:

> On Friday 3 August, Sean Parker wrote:
>
> [...]
> > Garbage left at end of input message from <host>:<port>
> > from endpoint: giop:<host>:<port>. Detected GIOP 1.2
> > protocol error in input message. giopImpl12.cc:819
> > Connection is closed.
> >
> > [end trace output of concern]
> >
> > One thing I did fix in this new version was changing
> one of
> > my struct contents from numbers-plus-string to all
> numbers
> > (a Date type) which is likely passed in this data. (
>
> Are you certain that all instances of the software
> involved have been
> updated?  The error you see is one of the things that can
> occur if the
> client and server don't have the same idea of the IDL
> definitions.
>
> > However I don't this error on our test bed (RHEL)
> (~1/20
> > the scale in terms of apps/hosts) nor my laptop (RH9),
> all
> > using same OmniORB version/build.
>
> This is another thing that makes me suspect that
> something is still
> using the old IDL definitions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Duncan.