[omniORB] linux, windows communication problem + new problems

Karl Schulze k.schulze at synedra.com
Wed Oct 11 11:29:05 BST 2006

Klaus Dieter Welast schrieb:
> In our case the limitation of max file handle (256 per default) caused the stall of omniNames

I have checked this. Neither netstat nor /proc shows any indication that
the the number of file handles
exceed some maximum (they are far below 20).
Also the test scenario I use (2 clients, 1 server, 1 omniNames) where
the orb within the client
is not destroyed over the complete test does not allow the extensive use
of file handles.

But I have also seen the lack of file handles in a completely different
scenario where we also
solved this by tuning the paramters for omniNames.

Thanks
Karl