[omniORB] linux, windows communication problem + new problems

Klaus Dieter Welast K.D.Welast at T-Online.de
Wed Oct 11 00:11:43 BST 2006

Hello Karl,

the problem, that you describes, looks like a problem that we had in past with omniNames.

In our case the limitation of max file handle (256 per default) caused the stall of omniNames.
omniNames close the socket related file handle after a timeout (I can’t remember who long the timeout was). If your interval for new connection is shorter then the timeout period, the number of open files handles increase to the max number of file handle for omniNames and onmiNames stalled.

In our production environment we reduce the interval of new connection to solve the problem.

I hop it helps!

Best regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kl. D. Welast