[omniORB] cross compiling (x86->arm)

Alexander Gattin xrgtn at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 6 01:23:19 BST 2006

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 08:41:29PM +0200, Matej Kenda wrote:
> 2006/10/3, Alexander Gattin <xrgtn at yandex.ru>:
> >I tried to cross compile omniorb 4.0.7 for ARM on x86
> >host.
> >
> >Please comment, ask questions, make suggestions, etc.
>
> I am cross compiling Debian packages for ARM with a tool (environment)
> called Scratchbox which I find very useful for cross compiling for ARM.
>
> www.scratchbox.org

Thanks, cross-compile environments are in my area of
interest, I'll look at scratchbox. Did you try to build
omniorb with it? Major point of the my post was not to
discuss particular cross environments but problems
rather specific to omniorb. The "bootstrap" problem
AFAIU effectively prevents omniorb from being directly
cross compiled no matter which environment do you use
(unless, of course, the envoronment includes ARM
emulator/virtualizer, which is loaded automatically for
ARM binaries) :). Or I'm missing something?

For record, I used standard Debian tools, i.e.:
1. toolchain-source
2. dpkg-cross
// Maybe I've forgot something, I'll double check
// and describe in more details if you like. %)

--
WBR,
xrgtn